Re: PDFs/Powerpoint for web

by Grant McNeil <gmcneil(at)communicationworks.com>

 Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:10:03 -0400
 To:  Suzanne Ankerbrand <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Good morning.

I produce PDF files all the time. It's simple to do from Quark or any other
desktop publishing program. You need to have the full Adobe software
installed - what you need to do is:

1. print the Quark document to a postscript printer
2. distill the postscript file with Adobe Distiller (part of the full Adobe
program)
3. proof the PDF file that is created

For the PowerPoint presentation:

1. you can output the PowerPoint presentation in HTML format
2. open the document in PowerPoint
3. click under File - Save as HTML
4. alternatively you could print the PowerPoint file to a postscript
printer, distill it and create a PDF file

Hope that helps.

And, Suzanne - if you don't have the full Adobe 4 software - you'll most
likely have to buy it.

At 09:24 PM 7/3/2000 -0400, Suzanne Ankerbrand wrote:
>Hi,
>Can someone offer some ideas here? We have many Quark documents from a
>client that we are converting into PDF's for web and multimedia purposes.
>However, saving one page at a time from Quark is quite time consuming when
>you have a couple hundred pages!
>
>I know saving Quark files as pdf's has got to be done all the time, but how
>does everyone accomplish this? Is there a better way? I know there are
>extensions available for Quark and saw a couple available on the Quark
>website. One, however, is quite pricey. Any ideas are appreciated.
>
>Also, same client has a powerpoint presentation or two he wants on his
>site. Any tips on doing that?

Grant McNeil
126 Lorne Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1R 7G9
Tel: (613) 234-1541  Fax: (613) 234-1509
mailto:gmcneil(at)communicationworks.com