ssi question...

by Berk/Devlin <armadill(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:09:16 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I mostly lurk here; hoping this is an appropriate place for this
question.  I have a weird situation going on with an SSI I am trying to
implement.

What I've got is a set of html pages each of which is one large table.  I
want to place a copyright notice on the bottom of each page.  If I create a
row and embed it in each page, there is no large space between the bottom
row and the rows above it.

However, if I put the bottom row into the included file, a large gap
is  inserted between the html page and the copyright notice.  I've tried it
many ways -- with the </table> in the html page and then a new table in the
included page, or with ending the table only in the included page..

HTML before include

HTML with SSI
<include "textfile.txt">

Where textfile.txt is