Re: Page not rendering "as expected" in Netscape 3.x and 4.x

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:41:20 -0400
 To:  "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Page not rendering "as expected" in Netscape 3.x and 4.x
>  http://myweb.servtech.com/~clapper/

Hi David,

After digging around in the code,  I found that if you remove the
width="600" attribute from the very first table tag, the table renders as i
think you intend it.

Evil code:

.<TABLE align=center border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 width=600>

Good code

.<TABLE align=center border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0>

I also found that changing the main table width attribute from 600 to 601
also removed the problem.

As for why this works, I'm not sure. Perhaps the sum of widths in a
horizontal TR is conflicting with the initial fixed width of the table?

Best wishes,

Mark H.