RE: Formatting of code

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:43:16 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Suzanne Corcorran <Suzanne_Corcorran(at)excite.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:46 PM 01/08/00 -0700, you wrote:
>The pages are created in JSP, and they are pulling the data in a recordset
>from the database.  The issue is on the front end, where I want (not the
>entire webpage, just the recordset) the data, including the special
>characters, displayed within the page as ASCII text, not parsed and
>interpreted as HTML.

Hi Suzanne,

I'm not familiar with the syntax for JSP but in ASP one can use the=20
HTMLEncode method of the server object to achieve this like for example:

response.write Server.HTMLEncode(strRecordsetData)

where strRecorsetData is a variable containing the text with the HTML=20
characters you want displayed as normal text.  There is surely a similar=20
server object method in JSP.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron