Re: Problems with Internet Explorer

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:02:39 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  reedsean(at)hotmail.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:30 PM 28/08/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Twice in the last two weeks Internet Explorer has wigged out me.
>
>Both times, it said, "There is an error on the page".  Both times I ran=20
>the offending page through validator.w3c.org, and both times it (the=20
>Validator), said:
>
>"Congratulations, this document validates as HTML 4.01 Transitional!"

This  sounds like a JavaScript error, not an HTML one so the W3C validator=
=20
can't pick it up.

A url and a full description of the error message would help us help you=20
though but here's a couple pointers that may help you pinpoint the=20
error.  When IE says there's an error at such character of line 2, it=20
probably means line two of the actual JavaScript, not the HTML page.  Also,=
=20
sometimes it will bring up an error message similar to this specifying a=20
certain character number at line one when the error was generated in a=20
javascript link like in <.a href=3D"javascript: some code;">foo</a> where=20
"some code" would be bad javascript or would reference a non-existent=20
object or whatever.  In any case, if the above info doesn't help you,=20
please give us more info about your problem and the error message and when=
=20
the error happens (at startup, when you click a link, etc).

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron