Re: Netscape/CSS/Tables

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:14:10 -0500
 To:  thombrad(at)visi.net
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<Thom Bradley>
>Try doing them without external stylesheets. NN has problems with external.
>PLace the style in the header and it won't have to keep referring back to the
>external page, esp with nested tables.

Well, I tried it and it did speed things up a little bit, but there was
still a very noticeable pause, longer than a normal page would be expected
with the graphics that it has. I'm assuming it's a table issue like you
mention below.

>Also, the less complicated the table, the faster it will parse. If you an
>figure a way to setup your table so that each line is not a TD and TR and
>perhaps set the tables next to each other as opposed to nested, it will load
>much faster.

I've always assumed this would be the case if I went and nested 10 tables
or some ridiculous thing like that. But I think I only go as far as three
on that page. I had actually started out with one or two more, and knocked
it down to see if it would make a difference. Hm.