Re: Headline Newsfeed scripts

by Christoph Niemann <C.Niemann(at)gmx.net>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:30:50 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:52 26.11.00 -0500, Carney, Michelle wrote:
 >Does anyone know where I can get a headline newsfeed script?  I am looking
 >to have something like CNN headlines on a website.  The script would need to
 >capture the headlines and put them in the webpage.  I have heard nasty
 >things about Moreover.com's license and I don't think that I want any part
 >of that!!  I would prefer a script that would NOT track the viewers, for
 >privacy reasons.  Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
 >
 >Michelle

Hi Michelle,
try this applet:

<applet code="sevenAMNewsTicker.class" codebase="http://www.7am.com/java"
width=450 height=15>
<PARAM NAME="channels" VALUE="+USAnews +WORLDnews ">
<PARAM NAME="UID" VALUE="15068">
</APPLET>

If you like to configure the type of news which are displayed go to this URL:
www.7am.com
Here you get the applet set up for your needs.
HTH

Chris

___
Christoph Niemann <C.Niemann(at)gmx.net>
PGP public keys available on most keyservers.
DH/DSS key-ID: 0x13B87665; RSA key-ID 0x97529689