Re: Might be Javascript (or PHP, or CGI, <sigh>)

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 2000 01:51:27 -0500
 To:  "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Generally, the METHOD attribute specifies a method of accessing the URL
>specified in the ACTION attribute and will be either GET or POST. The GET
>method is ideal for form submission where the use of the form data does not
>require external processing. For example, with database searches, there is
>no lasting effect caused by the query of the form (that is, the query runs
>its search through the database and reports the results). However, where the
>form is used to provide information for example, that updates a database,
>then the POST method should be used, with the ACTION attribute pointing to a
>CGI script that executes the form data processing.
>
>Try Post method.

Actually (read for this) that's what it was initially. <smile>  My
instructor had me change it, because he thought that it was messing up the
PHP involved, though I can't remember offhand what that particular problem
was. It's been a couple of weeks since I've really dived into this project,
but it's been bugging me.)

I'll fiddle with that a bit and let you know if it worked...

Thanks for checking it out!

~Nathan Lyle

http://euclid.nmu.edu/~natlyle
natlyle(at)nmu.edu or jopling(at)geocities.com
(906)227-5736

"I am a free prince and have as much authority to make war on the whole
world as he who has a hundred sail of ships and an army of a hundred
thousand men in the field. And this my conscience tells me; that there is
no arguing with such sniveling puppies who allow superiors to kick them
about the deck at pleasure, and pin their faith upon the pimp of a parson,
a squab who neither practices nor believes what he puts upon the
chuckle-headed fools he preaches to." - Charles Bellamy, pirate captain