Re: Javascript between parent and child windows

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:06:42 -0500
 To:  "Christie Cooksey" <christie(at)thearmidalemall.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><Christie>
>I don't know if this will help, but...
>The attached form has a "Help" link that opens a new window.  You enter data
>into that window and then close it.  The data appears in the original
>window.  Hope this helps.

YES! That was what I was looking for, and of course now that I've seen it,
I'm slapping my forehead and saying "of *course*!"   <sigh> Passing the
object reference to the new page seems like the most logical thing to do,
especially because it was exactly like something else we've been doing in
class, but I guess I didn't see the forest for the trees or some thing like
that. :)

But, thanks!

~Nathan Lyle

http://euclid.nmu.edu/~natlyle
natlyle(at)nmu.edu or jopling(at)geocities.com
(906)227-5736

"First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a
programming style. Then forget all that and just hack." - GEORGE CARRETTE
[1990]