Re: Javascript between parent and child windows

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:27:31 -0500
 To:  Floyd Baker <fbaker(at)olm1.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><Floyd>
>I've done what I *think* you're saying.  Maybe not the best or cleanest but it
>worked.
>
>Create an input form with no manual input but just a hidden variable to carry
>the value you want to transfer, and then put at refresh line at the
>bottom.  It
>goes to whatever action page the form is directed to.  Put the whole thing
>in an
>if-then to use when appropriate.

That's exactly what I tried to do at first too, but I couldn't get it to
work. It turned out that what I needed to do was pass an object reference
of the form on the original page to the child window. Then communicating
backwards is as easy as communicating within a single page. :)

~Nathan Lyle

http://euclid.nmu.edu/~natlyle
natlyle(at)nmu.edu or jopling(at)geocities.com
(906)227-5736

"Brilliance is typically the act of an individual, but incredible
stupidity can usually be traced to an organization." - Jon Bentley, More
Programming Pearls