Re: Netscape Table Issues

by "Jason K. Chapman" <theguild(at)interserv.com>

 Date:  Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:33:49 -0500
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:03 PM 12/16/2000 -0500, Kelowna wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Could someone please check out the following page in a Netscape browser
>and let me know why there are strange shadows/lines between cells that do
>not show up when the same page is viewed using MSIE.
>
>http://www.alchemy-dc.com/night.html

The gray stripe is actually a few pixels at the left of your background
image text-fill.gif.  My guess is that while IE and some versions of Nav
render it once and show the inner tables with transparent background, other
versions, like Nav 4.07, apply the same background to the inner elements.

In theory, this would achieve the same end.  However, in this case, it
keeps repeating the gray stripe at the left of the image.

Crop the image and the problem goes away.

Jason K. Chapman