Re: seeking a second opinion: a clarification

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:55:25 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
There's one trick I forgot and I don't really know if this will help with
the SWF file size or not.  But Flash tends to add on to the size of it's
FLA file as you work on it so the files become massive.  If you save the
FLA file under a new name it will substantially reduce the file size.  As I
said, this may or may not reduce your SWF file size but it would be worth a
try.

Peggi

At 10:37 AM 2/15/01 -0500, Robert Clendaniel wrote:
>Many thanks to the kind folks who took the time to look at our
>Flash site and provide a second opinion.
>
>I wasn't very clear the first time that the site wasn't done yet,
>hence no static-page alternatives, various glitches with the
>Flash stuff, etc.
>
>However we're about to lose a rather substantial investment on
>this site, because the client will walk, because of the load time
>issue.
>
>Hence my question - is it possible to make it run faster?  Or are
>the large pictures, sound, etc always going to keep it slow.
>
>Speed is the only real issue now I'm afraid.
>
>Thanks again for all your help!
>
>Robert L. Clendaniel
>BayLogic Internet Marketing Inc.
>robert(at)baylogic.com