Re: Disturbing E-Mail Software News (was: Wow, are we EVER OT! [Re: G ames])

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:49:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Stuff like:

   "I'm very supportive of it," he said. "I think it's socially
unacceptable to send executables around, even
   legitimate ones. This kind of enforces that rule, and we'll kind of have
to get used to it."

Is really annoying to read. What does he mean, "socially unacceptable"? And
where was he given the right to determine (or Microsoft, for that matter)
what is "right" and "wrong" for users of software to want to use that
software for? I thought that companies were supposed to make products to
meet customer needs, not determine those needs for them in the first place?

Sheesh. The subject of this email pegged it for me. It *was* disturbing.
But, I never liked Microsoft anyway. <smile>