Re: Forms and Formmail on NT Server

by "Jason K. Chapman" <theguild(at)interserv.com>

 Date:  Mon, 07 May 2001 19:29:38 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:44 PM 5/7/2001 -0400, jgarber(at)bestweb.net wrote:
>The HWG folks last time essentially told me that Formmail
>does not work with NT servers.
>
>Is that still so? I spoke to a web programmer who said that
>he does forms in ASP. Is that the route to go? I need to get
>this down fairly quickly.

There's a link to a BLAT/NT compatible version of FormMail from Matt's
Script Archive at
<http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/formmail.shtml>.  It builds the
message body in a temp file and passes that file to BLAT.  If the servers
aren't using BLAT, it shouldn't be too difficult to modify it for whatever
mailer they are using.

Failing that, this one
<http://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/perl/SendMail/form.html> opens a socket to
port 25 and acts as a mini-SMTP client, skipping the server's mailer
altogether.  All you need is Perl 5 support.

Jason K. Chapman