Re: Website critique please?

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 03 Jul 2001 02:32:35 -0400
 To:  wendy(at)shadesdesign.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>2. On the "success" page from the add guest form, I have been unable to change
>  the cgi code to show a white background. The script just
>won't run. Any easy (for a non programmer) suggestions?

Look for the line of code that generates the HTML  <.body> and include the
image inside that tag (putting backward slashes before the quotes, ex:
background=\"picture.jpg\" )
The "success" page you see is HTML generated by the CGI script. So you just
need to find the line that creates the part of the HTML that you're
familiar with. (Close one eye and pretend not to see the CGI stuff around
it.) <grin>

>3. The pastor requested that I use a tracker from Extreme Tracking.
>  Unfortunately their code which they "strongly" suggest remain
>unchanged does not pass through the W3C validator. I would very much like
>all of
>  the site to pass the validator. Again any suggestions?

Realize that perfection is an ideal, and as such, is useless to expect.
;-p   Seriously though, if it's someone else's code not clearing, I
wouldn't sweat it too bad. Maybe you could email them in some spare time
and suggest they validate their code? But, that's probably just the trouble
maker in me speaking up. Never mind him.