RE: Window Size? IE vs. Netscape yet again (I think)

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:21:14 -0400
 To:  Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Again, this is a matter of some minor matter in your layout.

Specifically?

>I have done what I did many times before, that's just go to your page and
>save it through IE5.  This has once more fixed the issue.
>Mind... this document will not validate, because of this save function doing
>very nice things to ensure some compatibility (you can consider this a
>conversion tool to make it most-browser-compliant)
>Here's the code.  Open in browser, admire, compare with the original and
>work on it.

I appreciate the attempt, but the code I saw left much to be desired, plus
it was completely broken. First I tried just saving it to the directory so
it could find the style sheet, images, etc., didn't work. Then I tried to
clean up some of the major gaffs, couldn't seem to get it that way either.
I'm willing to concede *maybe* there's something my email program did with
the HTML, but I don't think Eudora alters HTML at all before displaying it.
The only thing I saw in the code that maybe you were referring to was the
<.tbody> which I have never seen used before... is this some Microsoft deal
with tables?

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email:  natlyle(at)nmu.edu    or    jopling(at)geocities.com
Web: http://euclid.nmu.edu/~natlyle
Phone: (906)485-4806

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession
of it seems to me the deepest root of all evil that is in the world." - Max
Born (1882-1970) - German physicist