Re: javascript file mod date

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:39:35 -0400
 To:  "Millie Niss" <men2(at)columbia.edu>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><Millie>
>I am confused.

I usually am, too. Don't worry too much about it. :)

>Why should the last mod date have anything to do with
>dynamically generated stuff?  If I put a script on a page which generates
>some dynamic stuff, shouldn't the last mod date reflect the date the script
>was last modified, regardless of whether the output of the script is
>different each time it is run?

If the output of the script is to help generate the file that is put into
the cache and then displayed, it's more than just a 'pointer' to something.
It's actually taking part in generating the html, hence the document.

If I am understanding things correctly, anyway.