RE: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:01:01 -0400
 To:  <MBScott(at)d-assistance.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><Missy>
>So, I think if you handle it correctly, it could be a good marketing tool.
>If you don't, though, you've blown yourself right out of the water.  I think
>this might fall under the "Do Unto Others" rule of business.  If you want to
>enhance another web designer's skill set, that might be OK.  If you want to
>take their buiness away, think again.  Many times, you only have that one
>e-mail to make an impression.

I found myself getting very thoughtful reading these comments, I like the
idea of trying to get rid of the impression of "replacement" that I might
be putting forward in my discussed contacts, especially when there is the
distinct chance of it being the webmasters that get the email instead of
business owners. Maybe what I need to do is concentrate on nailing down
exactly what my web developing strengths are, and focus on promoting those
instead of making general offers. (?)

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Email:  natlyle(at)nmu.edu    or    jopling(at)geocities.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"The only critic is time." - A. J. Casson