RE: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:09:32 -0400
 To:  "Jim O'Brien" <JObrien(at)witness.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><Jim>
>It's all about the message too.  Nathan's message needs appeal to a higher
>level than just "your web site sucks."  Plus, that's not a very professional
>way to go about it either.  Simply create an awareness for himself and/or
>his company by sharing what he specializes in, what separates him from
>others, etc.  Offer free web site evaluations or other things to create the
>sense of need or want.  But do NOT say "your web site sucks and I can help
>because I know what I'm doing."

I like the idea of offering free web site evaluations... that seems fairly
non-confrontational.

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Email:  natlyle(at)nmu.edu    or    jopling(at)geocities.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid one day, lying in the hospital,
dying of nothing." - Redd Foxx