RE: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:41:19 -0400
 To:  Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<Klaas>
>Hi Nathan, certainly started a riot over this ;)

Nah, a riot would be more painful. Nothing wrong with good healthy throwing
around of opposing opinions.

>About your original text...  The first paragraph made me think you were
>going 'the slow way', until I saw the second one.  It's kind of you started
>with being pollite and then decided to get to the point before they were
>deviated.  Like "hey sir, you've got a nice garden there. Lots of colours
>with all those flowers contrating nicely with them statues.  I really love
>that.  I also love your daughter.  Can I mary her?".

A symptom of not spending more time proofing (and maybe having others
proof) my wording. <sigh> I can see what you mean though. If I end up using
this technique in the future it will certainly be with more carefully
chosen words.   :)

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Email:  natlyle(at)nmu.edu    or    jopling(at)geocities.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"Life is like a box of sardines and we are all looking for the key." -
Alan Bennet