RE: htm and html extensions

by R & L Rasmussen <ideas(at)cfl.rr.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Jul 2002 04:55:58 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just got off the phone with the IT Manager at my wife's company.  He was
kind enough to lead me through my server-structure ignorance in a slow,
gentle fashion.  His explanation was along the lines of that posted by Hank
Marquardt, Kid Stevens and Andrew McFarland in response to my query at this
forum.  Perhaps the most interesting outcome from the phone discussion
consistent with, but also of broader scope, was the fact that it seems -
while argued for good form - in many cases, .htm or .html is not required
on Web servers for page access.  Clearly, I am not arguing for removal of
the extensions (I am still digesting much of this), but it's always
interesting when one is confronted with a new learning of this
sort.  Thanks to all for the feedback.

Cheers,
Ralph