RE: Undelivered Mail..." has me pulling my hair out!

by "Rhonda Gregory" <freehotdealz(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:30:51 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
So it's not just me!  I get at least the same amount as you each day and I
have NOBODY in my address book so that I don't spread viruses and my anti
virus doesn't find anything either.  I assumed somehow my email address was
being used either by the virus or someone purposely to send the virus
because I don't recognize any of the email addys that are bouncing either!

Anyone have any ideas :)

Returned
> to Sender" messages.  I get around 20 to 30 a day saying it's returned to
> me because it's infected with Klez - or the recipient doesn't accept
> attachments, etc.... all kinds of reasons.  But most of the "undelivered"
> address's are not in my address book (I use Eudora) and all the messages
> have my address in the "from" field.
>
> I've scanned my disk with Norton and it comes up clean - yet I am getting
> all these "returned mails" with my address on it.
>
> How does Klez work?  Is Klez grabbing my address from other peoples
address
> books that are infected with the virus - and then I get the returned
> mail?  Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop getting all these "returned"
> messages???????
>
> The kicker to all this is, is that it's using my brand new email address
> that I've had for just about a
> month now.  It's driving me insane!
>
> Bob Unger
> rbu(at)cirex.net