Re: how to send web in email

by Nik Gare <nik(at)cheddarcheese.de>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:52:07 +0100
 To:  "hwg technique \(E-mail\)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In article <000e01c080b9$722c39e0$0100a8c0(at)aaddesign.com>, Dean
<dean(at)aaddesign.com> wrote:
> This seems like an easy one, but we are having trouble.  How does one
> send an email with web content and have it show up in the outlook
> preview window and not as an attachment?

You need to send a multipart message, I think.
These tend to look something like this:

<header stuff - snipped>
<header stuff - snipped>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C07A1E.80D627E0

In here would be the normat text email.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C07A1E.80D627E0

<.!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<.html><.body>
<.h1>
And in here the HTML file would go, but obviously without the fullstops!
<./h1>
<./body><./html>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C07A1E.80D627E0--

I have no idea how the NextPart_number is generated, presumably some sort
of time stamp.
There is probably an RFC which specifies this bettter.

Hope this helps,
Nik