Re: CSS Font Sizes and Macs

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:46:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  John Allred <allred(at)its.state.ms.us>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:07 AM 29/09/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I keep expecting someone on the list with more technical knowledge in this
>area to speak out. I don't qualify to speak with any authority on this
>subject, but I'm trying hard, like everyone else, to understand it.

I posted this link before but seems to have gone unnoticed.  You will find=
=20
a lot of information in the following A List Apart article:

http://www.alistapart.com/stories/fear4/index.html

It provides some real life information and solutions and explains very well=
=20
why points is the last thing you should be using and why absolute sized=20
keywords are not working any better for now.

For a more technical (and much more extensive study of this and more CSS=20
related stuff), Metrius chief technologist Todd Fahrner posted the=20
following: http://style.metrius.com/  .  The following 3 articles are=20
particularly relevant:

http://style.metrius.com/font_size_intervals/altintervals.html very=20
academic and dry but a good read.
http://style.metrius.com/font_size/points/font_wars.GIF a picture says a=20
thousand words...
http://style.metrius.com/font_size/scale/ about the em unit (which IMO=20
would be the best unit to use if it was supported consistently...

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron