Re: (Crosspost) FYI - Design Tips

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:51:43 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:02 PM 25/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Here is a web page on how to avoid seven bad design ideas.  Whether they=
 are
>"bad" or not may depend upon whether your background is technical,=
 artistic,
>or a devotee of Herb Tarlek.
>
>*  http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol3/design_no14.htm

Pretty good list there Dennis.  Here's another one of 10 things (not all=20
visual design related) to avoid on any Web site.  Number one on that list=20
is frames but I don't necessarily agree with that as frames have their use=
=20
in certain circumstances.  I wholeheartedly agree with all the others=
 though:

http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/dontdoit.htm

Items number 6, 8, 9 and 10 are particular pet peeves of mine and should be=
=20
required reading for any Web designer IMO...

Cheers!

St=E9phane Bergeron