Re: Cool Technique---Comet Cursor

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:39:41 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Also, if I may add my two cents, in my view, the cursor trail trick is akin=
=20
to the blink tag or marquee tag on steroids... I mean it is interesting for=
=20
about 3 seconds then it just gets positively distracting and extremely=20
annoying.  It's just plain tacky to me and I avoid it like the=20
plague.  Just because a trick looks "cool" doesn't mean that it is.  The=20
real question is, does it add anything to the user's experience? Does it=20
help them navigate the site or bring anything useful to them?  For me it's=
=20
no to both questions and I don't use it.  To each his/her own I guess.

Although I didn't create the page, I find that the following expresses my=20
own feelings on a lot of related issues:

http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/dontdoit.htm

Cheers!

St=E9phane Bergeron