Re: Hyperlinks

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:21:09 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:23 PM 27/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I have just aquired a site to maintain and it is being moved to it's own
>domain. It has hundreds of pages with all links pointing to absolute links
>on the old site. These all need to be changed to the new site. Is there any
>way to do this in bulk so that I don't have to go through every page
>individually?

HomeSite, Dreamweaver/ Dreamweaver UltraDev and NoteTab Pro and many others=
=20
but these are the 3 editors I use and they will all do site wide or=20
directory search and replace.  The edge goes to Dreamweaver for superior=20
site management capabilities though.  It will find all broken links and=20
orphaned files in a site  and more.  I'm sure there are shareware programs=
=20
that exist that specialize in doing this task.  Just check sites like=20
download.com to find them if you don't already own any of the 3=20
aforementioned editors.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron