Re: CSS and Netscape

by tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:00:07 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:36 AM 9/19/2001 -0400, Lisa Bradshaw wrote:
>I'm designing a web page using a lot of CSS for formatting. IE does exactly
>as I want it to, but Netscape does not. I'm making buttons using CSS box
>atributes. Netscape seems to ignore the width attribute. Does any one know
>of a work around? Here's the style I'm using:

Netscape 4 does not recognize the border-style property and I don't know of
a work-around.

What I can do is suggest http://www.w3schools.com/ -- they not only have
great CSS references, but they also offer on-line examples that will
immediately identify what does/does not work in the different browsers.

FWIW,
<tamara />