Re: Switch to SSI & have question

by tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:57:34 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:47 AM 10/14/2001 -0500, Virginia Blalock wrote:
>At 07:43 PM 10/13/01 -0700, Kukla Fran and Ollie wrote:
>
>>Modify your .htaccess file to do a redirect.  That way you can safely
>>delete all the old html files.

You also might want to see if you can modify the htaccess file to parse
ssi's as html --

It's been a while since I did it, but I think it's:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html .htm

I had a site that I converted to ssi's and then I started using php ssi's
and I found it was much easier to manage if I set the htaccess file to
parse the language of the day as html.

FWIW
<tamara />