RE: Linux

by tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sat, 03 Nov 2001 07:17:31 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:57 PM 11/1/2001 -0500, Darrell wrote:
>Resources on 95/98/ME don't equate with total RAM or Disk space.  They
>represent a very small, very limited are of RAM used to manage applications.

Yes, I read about that too -- Me only gives you a small amount of RAM to
actually work with and when it's gone -- reboot!

Check to see what's running in the background. Open you resource meter as
soon as you can after booting -- I think it's in accessories -- and also,
watch those background programs. My Dell came with a whole bunch of stuff
running and until I started turning things off, I was rarely /at/ 70% on
start up.

One of these days, I'm going to retire my old machine and test Linux on it
-- of course I've been saying that for a while . . .

<tamara />