Re: Email host

by tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:12:21 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:21 AM 11/28/2001 -0500, Norman Bunn wrote:
>Actually, any ISP will do as long as there is a POP account for the
>website.  You just need to set your e-mail client to access that account,
>
>Norman
>
>At 06:50 AM 11/28/2001, doonavitch wrote:
>>A friend is currently using AOL as their ISP. They wish to start using the
>>email address from their website. Who should they switch their ISP to,
>>earthlink, msn, att ?????

I have two clients using AOL as their primary ISP. To collect e-mail from
their domains, they first start AOL, and once the connection is
established, they open an e-mail program (usually Outlook Express). Outlook
Express is set to collect the e-mail using the domain address as both the
SMTP and POP connection (as long as the domain host allows the connections)
and they should be able to receive their mail on their machines.

Another thing to look into, many hosts are now offering on-line e-mail
checking. I know mine recently upgraded to a very nice new e-mail program
that makes checking e-mail on-line a breeze. I normally use Eudora, but
this new program is good enough to use exclusively.

HTH
<tamara />