RE: Wow, are we EVER OT! [Re: Games]

by bkrWeb Services <bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com>

 Date:  Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:09:00 -0500
 To:  bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:46 AM 4/2/01 -0500, bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com wrote:

>BTW, do most people really use their web browsers for e-mail?  I use
>separate Usenet, FTP, mail, and telnet software.

A surprisingly large number do use their web browsers.  I keep trying to
talk my daughter into a POP3 account that I can give her, but she'd rather
have her hotmail account -- partly because she can access it at the
library, but partly because she actually likes the web interface.  I keep a
hotmail account, but all I use it for is accessing my regular accounts when
I'm out of town.

Many people truly don't know they have any options.  I just installed email
software in an office I'm doing the website for.  I set each person up with
their own email address.  One of the women was currently using a web
interface for her email.  It's with a church denominational network.  She
was complaining that they have a very slow internet connection and whenever
she checks her email she's online forever.  I told her that I have an
account with the same network (I'm a pastor in my "real" life), but that I
have all my email dumped into my regular account and read it offline.  She
had no clue there was life beyond web based email.

And when I tell people how many email addresses I have and how many emails
I get each day, they get glossy eyed!

Kathie Riechmann
bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com