RE: Music

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:43:43 -0700
 To:  bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com,
maria(at)coachmaria.com,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:07 AM 4/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Are you talking about music that automatically starts playing when the page
>loads?  If so, are you sure that your audience actually wants this?  This is
>really a hot button issue for a lot of users, and so you may want to
>reconsider.  By all means, include an "off" button if you do do this.

If music is put into the background of a site, as in Embed or BGSOUND, how
is an "off" button used? I would like to add that into my sites, but
haven't found a satisfactory solution yet.

And while I have music in a couple of my pages, I only recall the IE way of
putting in background sound.

<bgsound src="sounds/howl.wav" loop="2">

NN uses Embed, and I think you use Embed first, then bgsound nested inside
it, for use by both browsers, but as I disabled it on NN (since it only
allowed the sound on a different blank page with just the sound controls),
I don't have the code available, but I can check at home tonight, if
someone else hasn't commented by then.

That's a start, I hope it helps.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net