Re: ASP

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:21:31 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:07 AM 4/9/01 -0700, Peggi & Ben Rodgers wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I hope someone can help.  I keep seeing ads in the paper for web designers
>with ASP experience.  Since I was layed off last December I'm starting to
>worry a bit.  The last ad I saw asked for all the skills I have except
>knowledge of ASP.

Hi all

I really have appreciated your viewpoints and perspectives on matters in
the past, and am collecting great stuff to help me out.

But the above has me kinda puzzled.

Isn't there a "difference" between Designers and Programmers? I mean, my
work is best described as Design work, even tho' I also can code in HTML
and Javascript and CSS. But when it comes to databases, I turn to a friend
who is a programmer and database developer who works in various languages,
from PHP to Perl to C++ to older languages. We just don't think the same
way, which is why we make a good team.

So, why do companies ask for Designers that program? Or web programmers
that also design the look and feel of a site? Are they just wanting a
person who is good at everything? Or am I missing something when it comes
to the work of designing a web site?

I guess, consider me clueless on this subject, because it doesn't make
sense to me... and I sure hope what I wrote makes some sense to you all.

Thanks for your input. It really has been appreciated.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/

a web designer in The Camarilla