Re: STILL UNSOLVED: Is there a way to set "maximum width"?

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:46:13 -0700
 To:  Jay Smith <jay(at)JaySmith.com>
 Cc:  tbradley-icc(at)home.com, hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:33 PM 4/26/2001 -0400, Jay Smith wrote:
>Except for the old browsers (a fair number of my audience) who do not
>support frames and/or my UNsophisticated clients that don't know how
>to deal with frames.  I have tried frames on a couple versions of my
>sites and they have been total failures with my audience.

Then I guess I wonder aloud. If you have older browsers in your audience,
and that is why you don't want to use tables, then why rely so heavily on CSS?

I ask, because it has come to my understanding that tables render better
than CSS for older browsers. And does the site have to rely so exlusively
on CSS? I am just new to CSS, so for myself, I still tend to use it for
what currently works, and ignore it when it doesn't do so well, except for
the newest of browsers.

Curious, although I wish I could give a better suggestion than has already
been given.

Kimiko Drew

macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/