Tiling of table backgrounds in NN

by "Jeniffer C. Johnson" <lead(at)offlead.com>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:09:25 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I knew better, but I went and did it anyway. I designed a site that looks
fabulous in IE, not so much in NN, because it's dependant upon the table
background staying PUT, and not tiling. I even tried nesting tables to see
if that would work. Of course it does not. Over the course of the evening
(and many hours of tweaking colors and making sure the table background
"matched" the page background) I've grown rather emotionally attached to
this design.

The url is: http://www.sunshineband.org/test/test.html

Is there any workaround for this issue, short of either scrapping the
design or creating two pages and redirecting NN users?

TIA

Jeniffer

Jeniffer C. Johnson
OffLead Productions