Re: PDF Shareware?

by Regan Pride <icantoo(at)ncia.net>

 Date:  Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:19:46 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  "Business & Life Coach Maria" <maria(at)coachmaria.com>, "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi folks,

I just picked up on the PDF thread, and this is a subject of interest to me
too. Here are two possible resources:

1) A client of mine had the same "Create PDF" option in MS Word, and I
wondered how he got it. I know he didn't buy Adobe Acrobat Writer. He does
have an HP OfficeJet R80 printer/fax/scanner with lots of bells and
whistles, and I'm thinking that maybe they bundled a writer in with the
software for that. This I can check into.

2) If you have a Kinko's nearby, you can do it there. Here's how: Kinko's
offers a FREE program called "Kinko's File Prep Tool" It acts like a
printer driver and creates a .KDF file. You can then convert this file to a
PDF at Kinko's on one of their rental machines. Not as convenient, but
workable and cheap.

hth,
Regan
ICANTOO Enterprises
Web Design & Programming, and Computer Training in Northern New Hampshire
icantoo(at)ncia.net