Re: Music

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:05:49 +0930
 To:  "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Sort of along the same lines, I have received spam over the last week or so
in HTML format and the minute I open the email, it opens up my browser and
goes to a website...now, that *really* gets up my nose. If I want to visit
a site suggested in an email link, that's fine, but to have it thrust in my
face, is really irritating.

It's almost worse than having sound blare out at me and skeer the daylights
out of me LOL.

Kym

At 11:32 AM 11/04/2001 -0400, Nancy Whittley wrote:
>I agree with Bryan.  I got one the other day that opened up, and I wasn't
>expecting noise, and it nearly scared me to death.  Personlly I like html
>email,
>but stuff like that makes me want to revert back to text.  It was one of
>those companies, that advertises having your website talk to you. Sort of a
>guided tour by voice.  I was not happy that this thing just started talking
>to me and couldn't hit the delete key fast enough.  I have received music
>too, but usually only short bursts, which stopped after the initial play.
>Only if you click on the email again, it will repeat.
>
>I like to go through my email while on the phone.  Nothing worse than to
>open an email and having this noise hit you, and you are scampering for the
>volumn button.  Definately put an OFF button on something if you plan it
>opening in an email automatically.
>
>Think of this as a users point of view!!!!
>
>Nancy
>
> > Are you talking about music that automatically starts playing when the
>page
> > loads?  If so, are you sure that your audience actually wants this?  This
>is
> > really a hot button issue for a lot of users, and so you may want to
> > reconsider.  By all means, include an "off" button if you do do this.
> >

> > I am looking for a way to add music to an HTML newsletter.  We do not want
> > it to open a music program, or link to our URL.
> >
> > Im thinking that somthing needs to be embedded in stationary but I'm not
> > sure if that is true, what we're looking for is called or how to code it.

ConceptualEyez Design & Media
Free Graphics for Personal Websites
http://www.conceptualeyez.com