Re: annoying websites

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:58:48 +0930
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I've been scanning this thread and it just *had* to happen didn't it :)

"Somebody" was eventually going to accuse somebody else of being a complete
design nitwit, only to find out that the nitwit isn't a nitwit after all.

It reminds me of a situation in the workplace when I was a teenager. We
were all sitting around at a morning coffee break and I was regaling
everyone with the lurid details of the behavior of a well known young lady
(and I use the term lady *very* loosely) around town. I had seen her in a
restaurant the night before...drunker than a skunk and all over some guy
like white on rice. Everyone was oohing, aaahhing and offering some pretty
colorful descriptions/opinions of this person and her
morals/behaviour/dress sense/grey matter and anything else you care to
think of. By the time we had finished with her, trust me, her ears must
have been burning fit to kill and she should have probably been locked up
for life. Suddenly from one who had remained silent through all this
came...."If you knew my niece, you would know that she is really a very
nice person and I think you people are incredibly judgmental of someone
that you don't even know".

My point is this. Yes there are some incredibly
ugly/boring/distasteful/bland/should have been drowned at birth websites
out there, but unless asked, it pays to be very careful about smug
pontification.

The other thing that occurs to me is...why does anyone *care* if someone
else has what they perceive as an ugly/annoying website. If it's that bad,
they're not going to be in business long and *you* might just get the
business.  If asked or you have to deal with the client/website/designer
that you feel is such a klutz, tell them what irritates you, offer sage
advice whilst nodding and smiling  a lot and *suggest* that they change it.

If they choose not too, get over it. :)

Actually, I'm kinda surprised that the "list mommies" haven't jumped up and
down at the mention of specific websites in this little bashfest :)

Kym

<snip>
At 08:08 PM 5/07/2001 -0400, rudy wrote:
> >HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You are an idiot.
</snip>

Free Graphics for Personal Websites
http://www.conceptualeyez.com