Re: Validating a page

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:13:52 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:42 AM 08/12/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello again:
>
>Off the top of my head I think the style approach works in IE 4+ and maybe
>NN4+, but you're correct, it won't work in old browsers.

Neither will any other method anyway as marginwidth and marginheight were=20
introduced in NN 4 and are NN 4 specific. These attributes are unsupported=
=20
in NN 6 to my knowledge.  In Netscape 3 and older there was no way to=20
remove margins.  The style sheet approach works in IE 4+ I believe (maybe=20
even IE 3 but I forget) and in Opera as well so the only reason to add=20
marginwidth and marginheight is to please NN 4 and in my opinion it's not=20
worth it, at least not for the sites I'm involved in where NN 4 usage is=20
dwindling.  There's also no good reason to use topmargin and leftmargin for=
=20
IE as it understands the style sheet rules just fine.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron