Re: Delphi - what is it being used for?

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:42:55 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:33 PM 09/01/01 +1100, you wrote:

>What is Delphi?  Is it a peer to ASP and ColdFusion or is it more a peer=20
>to VisualBasic and used for making COM Objects?
>
>Is it any good?

Actually, my understanding is that Delphi is more a peer to C++.  I don't=20
know what use it could be on a Web site other from programming COM objects=
=20
maybe?  Never heard of any being done with it though but I certainly am no=
=20
COM objects programmer...  On the other hand, some major Windows=20
applications such as Eudora, HomeSite and Cold Fusion Studio for example=20
are programmed in Delphi.

>Would you other webmasters live with ASP, ColdFusion AND Delphi in your=
 sites?

I think Cold Fusion and ASP together is complex enough myself... ;-)

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron