Re: DreamWeaver 3.0 vs. DreamWeaver 4.0

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:21:25 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:41 AM 23/01/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I upgraded to both Dreamweaver and Fireworks as I had purchased the=20
>previous package version 3.  I love the new Dreamweaver and would highly=20
>recommend it.  Truth be told, I don't use Fireworks that much as I work=20
>primarily with Flash, so I can't say one way or another as to the=20
>Fireworks portion of the upgrade.
>
>Peggi

I concur with all the others that the upgrade to Dreamweaver 4 is more than=
=20
worth the price.  It's a much more significant upgrade than the upgrade=20
between versions 2.0 and 3.0 was.  Like Stephen I went with the Dreamweaver=
=20
UltraDev version (from UD 1 in my case which was based on DW 3).

As for Fireworks, the new version is an awesome upgrade as well that adds a=
=20
lot of new functionality and tighter integration with DW 4.  I never open=20
Photoshop anymore as I do all my Web graphics work in Fireworks.  In fact I=
=20
wish Flash had vector drawing tools as good as Fireworks does.  All in all=
=20
it's a very worthy upgrade.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron