Re: PDF files

by Christoph Niemann <C.Niemann(at)gmx.net>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:52:15 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 23:10 05.02.01 +1030, Kym Jones wrote:

 >Does anyone know of a shareware/freeware/trial program that I can download
 >that will convert a .doc  to a PDF file ?

Hi Kym,
for those purposes I use the program "HTMLDOC". I have version 1.8.5 and it
is freeware. I forgot were I got it from. But if you are unable to find it
with the search engines I can zip and email it, it is 1137 kb unzipped.
The program does a good job on converting HTML to PDF files. Also multiple
HTML files to one PDF-file as a "book" including a typical PDF contents
register.
Your influence to the PDF functionality settings is limited concerning
printing, copying and other settings.
All you have to do is converting your DOC or TXT files into HTML and there
you go!
HTH

Chris

___
Christoph Niemann <C.Niemann(at)gmx.net>
PGP public keys available on most keyservers.
DH/DSS key-ID: 0x13B87665; RSA key-ID 0x97529689