Re: inexpensive wysiwyg

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:30:17 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:57 AM 17/02/01 +0100, Mikael Bystr=F6m wrote:

>I think there was a Golive Lite a while ago that may be a cheap
>alternative. Version 3 I believe. I dunno if it's better than Frontpage
>though.

It's actually worse if that's possible.  I creates more convoluted code in=
=20
a working environment that's designed for print work and is totally ill=20
suited for Web work (read drag & drop interface and absolute positioning of=
=20
just about everything) where viewing conditions vary greatly from machine=20
to machine.  GoLive appeals to the PageMaker crowd but should be avoided=20
for simple needs and is not often used by professionals where the=20
Dreamweaver/HomeSite or Dreamweaver/BBEdit combos are the most popular by=
 far.

St=E9phane Bergeron