Re: Language Translation

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 08 Mar 2001 13:30:13 +1100
 To:  Jim Schneider <jos(at)mosquitonet.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:14 7/03/01 -0900, Jim Schneider wrote:
>I'm working with a couple of local non-profit groups that would like to
>make their pages available in multiple languages. I'm looking for feedback
>from anyone who may have used any of the on-line, on-the-fly translation
>services. Thanks in advance.

On the whole, they are not very reliable.  They are great for determining
the gist of a message, but not for translating web pages.  If you want an
idea of what I mean - take a couple of simple paragraphs, translate them
into another language, and then copy and paste to translate it back into
english.  The results are often amusing :-)

Chris