Re: Online FTP

by Jeff Nelson <nelsonj(at)telocity.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:19:22 -0400
 To:  David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
David,

There are several *possible* solutions, each with it's own pitfalls:

1. Have your sa at work punch a hole through the firewall for you.
     Pitfall: You have already tried this.

2. Do a search for "free shells" or "free Unix shells" and find one that
allows outgoing FTP.
     Pitfall: If they are blocking port 21 (FTP), port 23 (telnet) is most
likely blocked as well.

3. Install an upload component on the web server.
     Pitfall: You will need liberal permissions on the web server.

4. Find a new web host, one that allows uploads my means other than FTP.
     Pitfall: Changing web hosts may not be practical for your circumstances.

Good Luck!
-Jeff