Re: DHTML How To

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:44:11 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Cynthia,

If I'm understanding what you want to do, simply use a table with two
columns your left-hand column will contain blank images the same size as
the image that will appear when you mouseOver.  Then simply swap those with
the mapped navigation image.

HTH

Peggi

You can see an example on one of my sites www.ccwr.org

At 09:23 AM 7/16/01 -0400, Cynthia York wrote:

>I am redesigning a six page site in Dreamweaver 3
>(Mac), and would like to have an image change upon
>mouseover for each of the left side navigation bar
>buttons (About Us, Projects, Staff, News, Contact Us).
>
>Without using frames, when a button is selected, the
>right side content would change and the navigation bar
>with image selected would still be showing. The image
>would be located on the left side above the navigation
>bar or as part of it maybe?
>
>Appreciate any feedback on the best way to do this for
>someone new to dhtml. Would this be javascript or css
>coded?
>
>Many thanks.
>I will post a summary.

Peggi Rodgers