RE: Changing Graphics (was: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1197)

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 31 May 2001 15:23:11 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:31 PM 5/31/01 -0500, bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com wrote:
>Better yet, since you're using DW, you've probably got HomeSite also.  Fire
>it up and learn how to use its wonderful folder-wide global replace feature.
>You can make your change in a couple minutes that way.

I have used Dreamweaver for some time. You can do a global replace (Edit >
Find & Replace) and chose the whole folder that has all 20 or so files
(under "find under").

What I tend to do for such major adjustments, besides templates, is to open
Find & Replace, copy the code for the image. Paste the code into the Find
part, chose "Search for > Source Code"
Change the image to the newer and larger version. Dreamweaver will update
the image sizes, then copy the new code into the "Replace With" section...
then do a Find All. If I set it up right, it should find all instances of
that code, and replace every one of them with the new code. And you don't
have to search for whole tags, it will replace partial tags. Just be sure
to include your height and width info.

If you have any questions, the Help section is pretty clear, or I can help
further.

hth

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net