RE: Cascading Style Sheets usage

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:16:29 -0700
 To:  "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:28 PM 6/6/01 +0000, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
>NOT true, unfortunately. The only browser that does this is IE3. Worse,
>FONT tags are seen as inline style sheets and thus overrule your general
>styles. Bad decision of the browser makers.

Why do you state it is a bad decision of browser makers? I thought it was
included as a Cascading feature, to override the normal CSS if needed. I
would rather use classes or something, but sometimes for one thing, it
seems more work than needed, and hence using a font in a few areas to
override the CSS sheet seems sometimes appropriate.

curious.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/

a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg