RE: IE "Smart Tags" in Windows XP

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:48:38 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:59 AM 6/13/01 -0700, Chuck Evans wrote:
>Anyone have a link to the meta tag info needed to block the Smart Tags?

Here's a different perspective on Smart Tags. Not that I like the idea, but
I do think opposing viewpoints make for informed decisions.
http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2771967,00.html

Still looking for the meta tag info on the web. Not easy to find it seems.
Looks like downloading the Microsoft Office XP Smart Tag SDK. is all I can
do for now. Will let you all know if I find anything helpful on the meta-tags.

<time passes>

Nope, nothing there either. And the message boards have others looking for
those meta tags. ... well, if I see anything more, I will holler, or if
anyone else sees those meta tags to shut it down, let us know.

Thanks

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/
a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg